Avalon / Catalina Flyer / Catalina Island / Descanso Beach / Family / Fashion Mama / featured / Golf Cart / Newport Beach / Pleasure Pier / Pregnancy / Southern California / Travel / Weekend Getaway
A Catalina Island Day Trip From Newport Beach
Getting to Catalina Island:
- Fee: $70/adult or get your ticket on Groupon for a cheaper price $$
- We took the Catalina Flyer to Catalina Island that departed from the Balboa Pavilion in Newport Beach. It was a “bumpy” 90 minutes ride, but they had really clean bathrooms and nice employees.
Things to do:
- Rent a golf cart and be your own tour guide. You can explore outside of the downtown Avalon area and drive up to the Buena Vista Point that overlooks Avalon Harbor.
- Pleasure Pier – capture a good instagram photo here (you’re welcome, you can thank me later)
- Stroll or golf cart around town and admire the colorful/beautiful cottages and hotels… so dreamy.
- Descanso Beach, The Casino, Ziplining, Snorkeling, Helicopter rides, go on a hike, Paddleboard, Kayak and so much more. . .
When should I visit:
- NOW & I highly recommend you make Catalina Island a “weekend trip” because one day is surely not enough time to explore this beautiful place and I promise you won’t regret it!