When I became pregnant with my first born, Olivia I received so many reviews and suggestions from Mommy friends on what to buy and not to buy that I didn’t know where to start. I struggled with “must have” items to baby products I saw on Instagram that was so cute. I was feeling overwhelmed and I can only imagine what you’re going through right now! Through trials and errors, I found some really great baby products I love and I know you will too!
Here are my top 5 must haves for new moms:
- RockerMama: I actually saw this on Ellen! But this product is made to keep you comfortable while you rock your baby to sleep and/or rock your baby while you feed them. It’s easy on your back and easy to carry around!
- Sollywrap: believe me when I say you will need a good baby carrier! Lets start with the fact that it’s super soft and doesn’t irritate baby skin. I love the design of the wrap keeping baby and I skin close which allows her to sleep comfortably on my chest! I love that it’s light (obviously it’s a wrap) and doesn’t take much room in your diaper bag.
- The Snuggle Me Organic/DockAtot: This is by far my favorite from the list and this is why… It gave me a peace of mind as a new mom knowing that my baby is safe and comfortable! I worried about laying them on the bed, crib, sofa or wherever you lay them down without any support. I highly recommend this product!!!!
- Backpack Diaper Bag: *hint* backpack You need a baby-friendly diaper bag that will not only carry Baby’s things, but easy to carry around. Overall, you want to think long term because a diaper bag with “one arm” is cute, but will eventually hurt your shoulder and you will have to buy another diaper bag.
- A really GOOD Breast pump if you’re going to breastfeed and/or pump. I know everyone always tell you to check your insurance because they will give you a free one, but a free/not so great breast-pump is not worth it. I was able to exclusively pump with my first baby for a year because I had a good breast-pump! However, with my second baby I only used the free breast pump I received from Kaiser and I only pumped for 3 months total this time around!
What are some of your must have’s for baby? Is there anything you can’t live without that I left off of the list?
Shop: New Mom Essentials