Weekend Getaway: Joshua Tree National Park
2021 is upon us and so are new year resolutions. If this year has taught me anything- it is that time does not wait for anyone. Don’t hold off your dreams, goals, or weekend plans until the pandemic is over. Love yourself and give yourself that weekend getaway that you’ve been craving for and deserve.
Here’s 7 reasons why you should pack your bags:
- Helps you connect and bond with your family – Our recent trip to Utah was such an eye-opener for all of us. We really bonded at a level that I don’t think any movie night at home could have done.
- Gives you something to look forward to – I know a lot of people found it difficult to stay motivated and hopeful during this uncertain time. But if there’s one thing excited us, it was our weekend getaways filled with laughing, countless are we there yet, charcuterie boards, and OOTD’s for me & the girls (but mostly for me! Haha)
- It can be a life-changing experiences- we live such busy lives, with my husband and I handling full-time jobs we both need time off to enjoy life and spend time with our girls. My girls and I will always remember the exhilaration of exploring the hoodos, spires and red rocks in Bryce Park, and the excitement of picking out pumpkins for Halloween. The experience of being in the outdoors is just irreplaceable.
- Improves mental and physical health- studies found that weekend getways decompress stress. Your physical health is just as important as your mental health. And I’m telling you that those quick getaway we had the past few months were life savers. If we didn’t have them I wouldn’t know how I would have coped with the all the negative news and the pandemic.
- You come home happier and refreshed – going home after a weekend getaway can be as refreshing as much as it has been exhausting (especially from sitting in a car for hours!) But there’s just something about going for a weekend getaway that leaves us feeling refreshed and happier. I’m not sure if it’s the fresh air, the new environment or the giggles from my girls, but one thing’s for sure, I always always come home happier.
- Traveling also gives you a new perspective – one of the most underrated benefits of traveling is its ability to give you a new perspective. Our days are often filled with meetings, shoots and online shopping (oops!) that we often get boxed in with a routine. The beauty of a weekend getaway is that being in a new place, meeting new people change the way you perceive life and
- Chance to make memories with your kids – as a mom of two little girls, I think I have all the time in the world with them since they are still so young. So a weekend getaway is really a good time to make memories with your kids and just enjoy the phase where they still want to hangout with the parents. Don’t take it for granted!
We often dream of tropical vacations, cruises and cocktails on the beach but we realized that there’s so much sights to see in Southern California and 24 outfits that I have yet to wear (or buy! Haha). Travel seems like such an impossible dream right because of the pandemic but honestly it isn’t, you don’t have to go very far to have fun. Even my girls can tell you that!
SEE MORE: ARCHES NATIONAL PARK